The world has become a global community, providing more opportunities for collaboration and networking. The increased level of internationalisation of engineering and technology education has provided academic institutions with new opportunities for cooperation in the international arena by building new regional and global networks for engineering and technology education, as well as expanding existing networks. However, the globalisation process has also created many challenges, mostly for academic institutions in developing countries and countries in political, social and economic transition.
The Conference theme, Effective Methods in Engineering and Technology Education, was chosen to foster international cooperation, identify and present the best projects, programmes and examples relevant to the main theme and to discuss their impact on the status and quality of global engineering and technology education.
Although the Conference’s emphasis is on the main theme, paper proposals on all aspects of engineering education and industrial training are most welcome. Suggested topics for Conference papers include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Innovation and best practice in engineering and technology education
- International examples of education and training
- International collaborative programmes and systems
- International mobility of staff and students
- Recognition of foreign qualifications and accreditation systems
- The impact of new technology on the effective training of engineers and technologists
- Development of new curricula
- Effective methods in engineering and technology education
- Multimedia in engineering and technology education
- Management of academic engineering and technology institutions
- Quality assurance in engineering and technology education
- Engineering and technology management education
- Promotion of continuing education, distance education and open learning
- Academia/industry interaction programmes
- Social and philosophical aspects of engineering and technology
- Articulation in engineering and technology education and credit transfer
- TAFE and vocational education and training
- Case studies
- Sustainability, sustainable development and environmental protection in engineering and technology education
It is anticipated that proposed papers will present findings describing the effectiveness of new approaches to engineering and technology education, as well as industrial training. The implementation of special programmes, methods and modern approaches to education and training are of particular relevance to the Conference theme.